Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Heritage Quilting Guild

I just came home from the first meeting of the season for my quilting guild. Heritage Quilters of Crown Point. For those of you how are not familiar with what a quilting guild does. The purpose of the guild is to promote quilting and an art. We also work as a not profit organizations and make quilts for kids and quilts of valor for our wounded soldiers in hospitals.

I didn't joint the guild until Feb. of this, but really enjoyed myself and usually come back very motivated about quilting and new designs. I even took the summer challenge and created a tote out of the fabric we had to use. (will post a picture of that after we turn in the challenge.) We have just been given another challenge called rounch ostrich challenge, but no we do not have to design or applique an ostrich, but this is really going to be a big challenge for me.

We can create a center block, and from that block we will be given two types of borders each month to go around the border.

So the first 2 borders will be a 4 patch square border and an applique border. Here is the first part of the challenge for me. I am not one to applique on my quilts so to all my followers who are quilters I would appreciate any input that they can give me.

As a finish each section I will post pictures and appreciate any and all comments on my project. Since this is to be turned in December I have decided to design this with my stash of Christmas fabric. Yes ladies just and beaders have stashes of beads, so do quilters have stashes and stashes of fabric and are always accumulating more.

I also want to announce that we are having a Quilt Show Oct. 3 and 4 in Crown Point Indiana.
We are hoping to get over 300 quilts, wall hangings, pilllows, table runners to exhibit. Your's truly will have a wall hanging in the competition. This will be the first time I have ever entered into competition with my quilting.

So now off to quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment